11.11.2009

i don't get it

i posted the previous entry to facebook and a response i got made no sense to me at all.


a guy friend said:
The title of your blog (i titled it: I can't seem to sleep tonight) sounds exactly like an old Autumns chase song "Alone." I love the metaphor! ps. Dreams are never lost although sometimes they aren't as vivid as they once were!


uh-huh....what metaphor is he talking about? i am a literal person. i say what i mean, which is why i suck ass at poetry.


what the poem says where i can't remember my dreams, i mean i can't remember my dreams. i mean i don't remember ever wanting to do anything with my life, to be anything in particular, or be anywhere special. this makes me sad, as it did last year.


and yeah....when i sat and thought about it for a little while.....i figured out what he meant. i am a dumb ass...
"realization
life without meaning
a rock on a stream"


yep, a little slow on the uptake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment