9.06.2009

lyrics and my life

I don' wanna be your next best option
I don' wanna be your next best thing.
No i don' wanna be, I don' wanna, I don' wanna
See the bright side or the silver lining.
I just wan' to keep my heart beat, beating
Stumbling but on my own two feet.
I don't want to think,
I just want to drink
to surviving, the sun's still shining now.
"Here Comes Trouble"- The Pink Spiders

this song gets stuck in my head a lot. especially the first two lines. i really don't want to be the back up or second best. which just gets another songs lyrics going in my head as well.

what if nobody likes me?
what if i don't succeed?
what if i give it all that i've got?
and i still don't got what they need?
what i don't get anywhere at all?
will i consider myself a failure,will i be that small?

what if if he doesn't like me?
what if i'm not his type?
what if all the guys that ever like me
are not the kind of guys that I like?
what if i meet the right one and screw it up?
will i consider myself a failure, will i give up?

NO!
i'm gonna keep trying
getting denied just makes me want it more
i'll keep trying and each time push harder than before
i can't live my life always worried about what if'
cause what if I die tomorrow, then I never even lived?
"what if?" - the plain white tees

yeah, not all of it. but oh so true. it's kinda my unofficial anthem to be honest. it's also my "power song" on my nike+. cause it's true. if i went around thinking these things all the time, where would i be? worried all the time. there is a time and a place for introspection. which is not everyday whenever you have a free moment. life your life how you want to live it. people will either fit into your life or they won't. it sucks when the people you really like just aren't compatible with you.

it's hard to find that out. that and that many of your friends are now in a different place then you are and you don't feel like you have anything in common anymore. i think when you get to that point it is time to take a long, hard look at your life and see where you need to go from there. i am in the process of doing that myself.

I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment